Friday, December 11, 2009

What's in an iPhone?

The answer is apps. I have had the phone in question for about three weeks, though it could easily be far less. It feels like forever. And I know she'll never leave me, not like the others...

Anyway

I've now got something like thirty apps of various levels of utility, freeness and frivolity. One to tell me where my car is, one to tell me where North is, one to recommend a restaurant nearby (as long as I remember to live in San Francisco) and one to let me wrote these little missives to tell people about them. I know Twitter's a pain in the arse. I know literally no one in the world cares that the music I can hear as I eat my lunch is It's A Shame About Ray by The Hoosiers. And I certainly know that the reason I am writing this is because there's an app for that.

The novelty will wear off soon. Hopefully before Emma cracks and posts my lovely lovely iPhone to Tierra del Fuego. But until then I've got the Internet in my pocket. And everyone's gonna get a piece.

Good Night, andGood Luck
Doug

No comments: